I have to list 7 Blog Posts I admire
Then list 7 things about myself
Then answer 7 questions set by my "Tagger", set 7 questions of my own, and then pass on the whole damn thing to someone else.
Oh Bugger, here goes nothing...
In no particular order, and ignoring (in a truly cavalier style) that it should be specific posts I will happily list Angie Annetts ~ she makes me laugh, cry, gnash my teeth and reach for the vodka, normally within the same blog post...
The gorgeous pouting Julie ~ she blogs almost as randomly as I do, although she is a much nicer person that me!
Another lovely lovely human being, albeit with a laugh like Sid James, Mrs K writes in many, many styles and under a few different names ~ I love every one of her guises!
Next comes Wendy ~ she is a cancer survivor and writes with courage, humour and grace. If I had to face what she has dealt with I would hope I could do so with a tenth of the style she has shown.
Then we have the indescribable Stringy ~ Now this man should probably have been locked up years ago for the safety of the rest of mankind, but he hasn't and so we are all free to enjoy his writings.. and I'd like to add that he is a jolly nice chap in real life as well!
New to the blogging scene (man..) is the ever so slightly barking mad Kate ~ a woman who inspires such loyalty in me that I damn nearly held her hair back as she threw up after a bit of a sesh..
Finally, and for the pure unadulterated joy of crying and choking with laughter Can I recommend Inflight Bitch ~ Please God I never get on the same flight as her...
Right then... 7 things about myself.
- I really, really don't like clowns ~ I find them extremely sinister. Which rather puts the mockers on me ever taking the kids to the Circus!
- I am allergic to rubber ~ I'll now wait for the sharp intake of breath as we all avoid the obvious question (the answer is yes..)
- When I was quite little I decided that when I grew up I wanted to be a horse..
- I know the eight pieces of music and the luxury item I will choose when I am famous and appear on Desert Island Discs.
- Despite being a complete coward, I had Laser surgery on my eyes a few years ago.
- I can't sleep unless I have Gerald, my toy donkey.
- My favourite book ever is "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irvine
Now for Julie's questions:-
- When was the last time you told a lie? I'm an Estate Agent, it's part of my job description.
- Is there any food you've not tried, but would really like to? Um, I'd like to try more fish, but tend to stick with what I know ~ how dull!!
- What Posters were on the wall of your teenage bedroom? I have to confess that I had no posters on my wall, I lived most of my teenage years in either a book or my head so posters weren't really an option.
- Groundhog Day is real. Which day would you choose, and why? Tricky one this, I would choose a day in Cyprus with my latest ex-husband just after we got engaged. It was a golden day and he and I sat by the Med and drank pink wine and talked and laughed and he told me I was beautiful.. That was one of the most perfect days of my life.
- Which is the one room in your house you'd make over, if money were no object? No hesitation, my kitchen.. as long as that meant I could knock down the wall into the dining room and make it one big room!
- Would you ever consider/have you ever had plastic surgery? Hmm.. I've thought about it, but on balance I don't really think I would.. It's trying to cheat nature and that rarely ends well!
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done? What? Apart from repeatedly getting married?? It's got to be the Bungee jump I did in my twenties. The next time I am that scared I want to die straight after..
And now my questions..
- Do you still have monsters under the bed?
- What is your favourite time of day, and why?
- Is there a piece of music that can make you cry, and if so, what is it?
- If you could choose an accent, what would it be?
- Is there anyone in your daily life that you just know would be improved with a fork in their face?
- What is your least favourite domestic chore?
- Who are your 3 choices for the perfect dinner guests? (alive, dead, famous or not).
So there we have it ~ and I feel a tiny bit naked after that (as it were) ~ so I am going to pass this on, not the being naked, the 7x7x7x7 of course..